Monday, November 23, 2009

Homemade Caesar Salad


Have you ever been to one of those restaurants where they make the caesar salad right at your table. It always tastes so good and they make it look easy. I used to make caesar dressing from scratch when I worked in a kitchen in high school but have never tried it at home.

Obviously I had to leave anchovies out since Joey would be eating this and he hates seafood.




Pepper Added by Joey - he adds a ridiculous amount to every salad.

Ingredients
Homemade croutons
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons mayo
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
romaine lettuce
bacon
3 mushrooms, sliced

1. Wash and dry the romaine lettuce. Rip into bite sized pieces.
2. In a large bowl add pressed/finely chopped garlic, lemon juice, dijon, worcestershire, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
3. Gradually whisk oil into mixture.
4. Whisk in mayo.
5. Add half the parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
6. Add lettuce, bacon, mushrooms, remaining cheese and crutons to the bowl. Toss to combine.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I've never had one made at my table, but I know what you mean about the restaurant ones being the best!

Bruins ice hockey said...

I worked in a kitchen in high school but have never tried it at home.